This privacy notice describes all activities undertaken by Manchester Drinks Company in relation to its customers, vendors and suppliers. For data processing activities relating to employees and job candidates please refer to PNE1
Scope of Notice
All data subjects whose data is collected and processed by Manchester Drinks Company.
Roles and responsibilities
The Data Protection Manager (DPM) is responsible for ensuring that this privacy notice is made available to data subjects prior to Manchester Drinks Company processing their personal data.
All staff of Manchester Drinks Company who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice it drawn to data subjects attention.
The public facing element of this privacy notice is located at http://www.manchesterdrinks.com/privacy.php for this notice to be updated supplier Sizzle Creative must be engaged.
Online Privacy Statement
Manchester Drinks Company are a leading beverages company limited by guarantee – Company No 05475848.
Our offices are based at – Suite 412 Warth Road, Bury, England, BL9 9TB
If you would like to discuss any privacy matters, you can do so by contacting us using the details at the bottom of this notice.
In providing our services, we collect and process personal information. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We value the trust you place in us by providing the information we need for the provision our services.
This privacy notice explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, how long we will keep it for and how we protect it.
We may update this notice from time to time to reflect changes in regulation or our services, so please check this page regularly. This notice applies to any website, form, application, service or tool where it is referenced.
How and when do we collect your personal information
Personal information is any data that can be used to identify you, or that which we can link to you.
Information you provide voluntarily
The information we collect, you provide voluntarily through interactions with our services such as purchasing our products, contacting us with a query, subscribing to marketing communications or contracting with us as a supplier / customer.
We also collect personal information from you through communications and interactions via our websites, letters, forms, phone calls and emails.
The personal information you provide and the reason you are asked to provide it, will be made clear at the point we request it.
Information we collect automatically
We also collect information about you when you visit our website. Using cookies to manage your browsing session and monitor visitors interactions with the site via google analytics to improve the overall user experience.
By using these cookies, we may therefore collect details about the type of device you use to access our website, its operating system and version, your IP address, your general geographic location, your browser and the webpages / content you view.
The information that we collect is used to protect our websites and improve them.
Links to other websites
We may publish links to websites run by other companies such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram. Those companies have their own privacy notices and cookies policies. Manchester Drinks Company have no responsibility for these websites, so please remember that the information you provide to these organisations will follow their privacy rules and not ours.
What information may we hold about you
We may collect and process the following categories of personal information:
- Company details such – Name, address, phone number, VAT number, company number, website.
- Individuals details such as – Name, title, address, email address and telephone number, country, date of birth.
- Credit / Payment card details.
- Bank and Invoicing details.
- Communications, queries and messages you have exchanged with us.
- Usernames and passwords for individuals who hold a website account.
- Details and history of orders placed / payments made.
- EDI (Electronic data interchange details) used to fulfil orders and payments.
- Records of correspondence whether by telephone, email, post or in person.
- Company credit history and financial history.
- Details of your visits to this website, items and pages accessed, links clicked.
- Communication and marketing preferences.
Information collected automatically from your device, including IP address, device type, operating system, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information.
How we use this information and the legal basis for doing so
We use your personal information to provide you with our services and fulfil a contract with you such as:
- To process and deliver your orders.
- To register you a with a customer account on our websites.
- Manage and process payments, fees and charges in relation to your orders.
- To communicate with you to ensure the fulfilment of an order you have placed with us, or to resolve queries in relation to you order.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between us e.g. making payments to you as a supplier.
- To provide credit facilities to customers.
- To manage our relationship with you which may include: Notifying you about changes to our terms and conditions.
- To evidence our compliance with our legal obligations, for example with respect to maintaining records for tax and accounting purposes, or to verify the age of visitors browsing our websites.
- When appropriate, we will obtain your consent to process your personal information to:
- Allow you to opt-in to marketing communications from us.
- We also use your personal information to pursue activities in our legitimate interests such as:
- To interact with you and respond to communications and queries.
- To monitor the performance of our website and improve it.
- To detect and/or prevent illegal or undesirable activity on our website.
- Prevent financial fraud.
- Prevent illegal activity or attacks on our websites.
- Automated Decision making
Manchester Drinks Company uses automated decision-making:
- Our acquiring bank performs a number of automated checks when customers make a purchase via our websites to prevent card fraud;
- Some of our websites are protected by Cloudflare a third-party system which automatically detects threats takes preventative action.
- Suppliers and customers wishing to make use of our credit facility will also be screened / profiled for their suitability and eligibility.
Will Manchester Drinks Company share my personal information with anyone else?
We may pass your personal information to third-party service providers contracted to Manchester Drinks Company. This is strictly for the purposes of providing services to you or improving them.
The categories of organisations we share your information with includes:
- Web design and hosting suppliers
- Telecoms suppliers
- Archiving and storage suppliers
- Delivery and order fulfilment suppliers
- IT Infrastructure and support suppliers
- Government bodies we have a legal obligation to report to
- Payment providers and banks
- Credit reference agencies
- We may also share your information with a law enforcement body, regulator, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any person.
- Any third parties that we may share your information with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service we have contracted them to provide on our behalf.
- Transferring your data outside the EU
The information we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to third-party suppliers (e.g. Hosting / IT infrastructure).
We take all necessary steps to ensure your information is treated securely and in accordance with the GDPR.
We will only transfer your data to a recipient outside the EEA where we are permitted to do so by law and where adequate safeguards are in place – for instance, (A) where the transfer is based on standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission, (B) where the transfer is to a territory that is deemed adequate by the European Commission, or (C) where the recipient is subject to an approved certification mechanism and the personal information is subject to appropriate safeguards. E.g. Privacy-Shield.
How long will we keep your personal information for?
Manchester Drinks Company will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the GDPR. We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
We only hold your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide you with our services, meet our legal and regulatory obligations and where it is relevant to our legitimate business interests.
When your personal information is no longer required for these purposes it will be destroyed.
Manchester Drinks Company are committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us.
While we take reasonable precautions to safeguard the personal information we collect, no system is impenetrable.
Unfortunately, sending information via e-mail is not completely secure; anything you send is done so at your own risk. Once received, we will secure your information in accordance with our security procedures and controls.
Manchester Drinks Company implement controls to prevent information about you being subject to loss, theft, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. For example, we store the personal information you provide to us on computer systems that have limited access and are located in controlled facilities.
We also ensure that our third-party suppliers provide adequate security measures.
- Manchester Drinks Company want you to be in control of how your personal information is used by us. You can do this by exercising the rights granted to you under the GDPR.
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct information that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the information we hold about you to be erased.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the information we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to withdraw consent – If a process we operate relies upon consent as its lawful basis you are able to withdraw this consent.
Please use the contact details at the bottom of this notice should you wish to exercise any of these rights.
When exercising the right of access, we will need to confirm the identity of the individual making the request and their right to access such information.
What forms of identification will I need to provide?
Manchester Drinks Company accept the following forms of ID when requests for personal information are made:
- Passport or Driving Licence
We will respond to your right of access requests as soon as possible and within 30 days of your request form being formally submitted.
Should you have a complaint
Manchester Drinks Company are committed to working with you to reach a fair resolution of any complaint or concern you may have about our use of your personal information. Please contact us in the first instance to discuss your concerns.
Our contact details are
Data Protection Manager
Manchester Drinks Ltd
Suite 412 Warth Road,
If you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint, you may have the right to file a complaint with the Information Commission.
Information Commissioners Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane